Article How to Boost Your Energy at Breakfast
Better breakfasts start with the goodness of sprouted whole grains
February 12, 2019
Is the saying “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” actually true? We’re going to say not. Here’s why: all breakfasts are not created equal. While we can’t say no to a great french toast on lazy Sundays, we love energizing breakfasts that support an active lifestyle and provide lots of energy. Here’s how to kick your morning off right.
Start with the Right Base
Sprouted grain bread from our Sprouted Power™ pantry is always our go-to because of its ample health benefits and family-friendly options. With our strong commitment to non-GMO and glyphosate-free ingredients you know you can count on a clean bite to start your day.
Use the flavour profile slider on our product page to find the best loaf for your family or take a look at our family recommendations.
Pick Your Protein
Protein is essential to help build and repair muscle. Have a sweet tooth? Start with a healthy nut butter such as almond or peanut or layer on a plant-based yogurt made from almond, coconut, or soy. If you lean savoury, go for hummus, white bean spread, or a clean cashew cream cheese.
Try these spreads:
Pile on the Produce
The new Canada Food Guide recommends that 50% of meals be fresh produce and we couldn’t agree more. Produce is a great way to help your body get all the vitamins and minerals it needs. Fresh fruit is always an easy default when you want a touch of sweetness or try some roasted veggies or spin them into a creamy spread instead.
Add Healthy Fat
There’s a reason no one can seem to get enough of avocado toast. Healthy fats help your body regulate blood pressure and support cell growth. Go mexi-style by making a guac, try our homemade avocado hummus, or just slice and spoon directly on to your favourite toast. A sprinkle of toasted nuts or a drizzle of high-quality olive oil are also great choices.
Add a Finishing Touch
Spices like cinnamon and paprika, a little shaved coconut, and a fresh grind of coarse pink Himalayan sea salt can bring out brand new flavours on your favourite breakfast. Plus, they help your food look pretty fantastic too (we eat with our eyes first, after all).
Try These Toast Combos
- Sprouted Power™ Steady Eddie Bread + almond butter + chopped medjool dates + chopped roasted almonds + flaky salt
- Sprouted Power™ Big Red’s Bread + tofu scramble + diced peppers and tomatoes + avocado slices + hot sauce
- Sprouted Power™ Little Big Bread + plant-based cream cheese + tomato slices + dizzle of extra virgin olive oil + fresh basil
- Sprouted Power™ Squirrelly Bread + plant-based yogurt + berry medley + chopped pistachios + toasted coconut flakes
- Sprouted Power™ Mack’s Flax Bread + hummus + cucumber slices + avocado slices + toasted sesame seeds
- Sprouted Power™ The Queen’s Khorasan Bread + hazelnut butter + banana slices + chopped toasted hazelnuts + cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Organic Sprouted Power™ 20 Grain Train Bread + plant-based breakfast sausage + tomato slices + avocado slices + nutritional yeast
- Sprouted Power™ The Big 16 Bread + plant-based cocoa hazelnut spread + strawberry slices + coconut flakes + cacao nibs
Want more toast inspiration? Check out our Instagram and #toasttuesday posts.
Find breakfast-ready Sprouted Power™ loaves near you.