Lean on this easy, healthy make-ahead healthy breakfast sandwich recipe to make your mornings simpler—and faster! Ready from frozen in under 5 minutes, these time-saving, heat-and-eat plant-based bagel breakfast sandwiches are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy weekday mornings.
This healthy plant-based breakfast sandwich isn’t just easy to make and tasty to eat, it’s also incredibly satisfying. Silver Hills Bakery bagels are high in fibre and packed with sprouted whole grains. These slow-burning, complex carbs serve up long-lasting energy. Moms can feel good about this breakfast—it’s a high source of fibre, protein, and whole grains!
Meal Prep Makes Healthy Breakfasts Easy—and Fast!
Preparing these sandwiches on a Sunday evening or the night before is the way to go. Meal prep for this healthy recipe takes less than 30 minutes and makes it easy to send your kids to school with a hot breakfast in their bellies that will keep them full and fuelled all the way to lunch (or at least to recess!). But these make-and-freeze vegan bagel breakfast sandwiches aren’t just for kids! They satisfy adult-level hunger too! So make some of these healthy handhelds for when you need a quick breakfast before your morning meeting (Moms and Dads need to eat too!)
Meal prepping this recipe is easy to scale up to fit the size of your family—and their appetites. So go ahead and stock your freezer and you’ll have a hot, tasty, healthy, ready-to-eat breakfast in less than 5 minutes, every morning this week.
This recipe is intended to be a make-and-freeze batch of four breakfast sandwiches. However, if you have a little extra time on your hands, it’s just as easy to make as a single cook and serve meal too. (Keep reading through the tips section for complete instructions on how to make and enjoy either way.)
- After you’ve prepared the sandwiches. Wrap each bagel breakfast sandwich in a generous square of parchment paper, and secure with a rubber band or kitchen string.
- Stack wrapped sandwiches in the empty bagel bag, a zip-top bag, or a freezer-friendly container with a lid. Freeze up to 3 months.
- Remove rubber band or kitchen string. Place parchment-wrapped sandwich in the microwave, and microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Then heat on high for 1:30 – 2 minutes, or until sandwich is heated through (time may vary).
- If heating more than one sandwich at a time, add more time to both the 50% and full power heating time (start with an extra 30 seconds more per sandwich).
- Sandwiches will be hot straight from the microwave! Beware of escaping steam when unwrapping. Allow to cool slightly before handing a hot sandwich to young children (or ravenous growing pre-teens/teens!)
- Take it to-go wrapped in parchment, or transfer sandwiches to a plate and serve.