BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY SILVER HILLS BAKERY FROM TIME TO TIME FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSES SET OUT IN THE POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE. SILVER HILLS BAKERY MAY MODIFY THE POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
1. INFORMATION. Silver Hills Bakery obtains information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
A. General Information. Some information (the “General Information”) is gathered automatically when you access the Website. The General Information (which includes website pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and similar information) does not identify you personally;
B. Personal Information. Some information is not gathered automatically when you access the Website and instead is provided by you voluntarily. Your “personal information” as defined at law, including without limitation, as defined under the Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia, as amended from time to time (the “Act”), means all information about an identifiable individual (the “Personal Information”). Personal Information includes information that can identify an individual (for example, your name, home telephone number, personal mobile telephone number, home address, personal email address, personal fax number, social insurance number, driver’s licence number, physical description, and credit card or other financial information specifically about you). However, Personal Information does not include business “contact information”, which is defined under the Act as information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted for business purposes, such as name, position name or title, business telephone number, business mobile telephone number, business address, business email, or business fax number of an individual.
You must provide Personal Information to Silver Hills Bakery if you wish to purchase gift cards or other items, or if you wish to receive coupons, newsletters, or other information.
The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information you may choose to provide:
(i) Third Party Information. When you register at a third party website, and provide any Personal Information to such third parties, Silver Hills Bakery may (pursuant to agreements between Silver Hills Bakery and those third parties) obtain such information to populate Silver Hills Bakery registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Website; and
(ii) Email Information. When you send Silver Hills Bakery email messages or call Silver Hills Bakery by telephone, Silver Hills Bakery may retain the content of your email or telephone messages, together with your email address and the response from Silver Hills Bakery to you;
2. GENERAL USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Silver Hills Bakery uses and discloses your information as follows:
A. General Information. Silver Hills Bakery uses and discloses the General Information to understand the Website demographics and content preferences, and shall do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, Silver Hills Bakery may provide aggregate information about Silver Hills Bakery’s customers, sales, Website traffic patterns, and related information to affiliates of Silver Hills Bakery and third parties;
B. Personal Information. As further provided in section 3 of this Policy, Silver Hills Bakery uses the Personal Information solely for purposes of administering Silver Hills Bakery’s business activities, providing customer service and making available coupons and other products and services to you and other Silver Hills Bakery customers and prospective customers, and does not sell or rent this information to any third parties other than those who are administering the Website and mailing lists as agents of Silver Hills Bakery. This may include focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new products and services, contests, discounts, coupons, special offers, sales, promotions, and other responses to you. Silver Hills Bakery discloses your Personal Information only as described in section 3 of this Policy. Silver Hills Bakery may also use Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Website or Silver Hills Bakery’s business and new Silver Hills Bakery services and special offers you may find valuable. Silver Hills Bakery shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care; and
C. Cookie Information. Silver Hills Bakery uses Cookie Information to improve the Website and better serve you and Silver Hills Bakery’s other customers, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party.
3. OTHER USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Silver Hills Bakery may use and disclose your information when legally compelled to do so, or when Silver Hills Bakery, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of Silver Hills Bakery’s legal rights or those of a third party. Silver Hills Bakery shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care, and Silver Hills Bakery does not otherwise use or disclose your Personal Information except as follows:
(i) Silver Hills Bakery may use your Personal Information and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in the course of providing services to you; (b) to law enforcement; (c) to a representative of a payment verification service, financial institution or credit card company only when you have authorized such disclosure; or (d) to third party service providers, such as administrators of Silver Hills Bakery’ mailing list;
(ii) Silver Hills Bakery may use and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, amalgamation, or reorganization of Silver Hills Bakery; (b) when Silver Hills Bakery believes it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Silver Hills Bakery or other persons; or (c) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Silver Hills Bakery;
(iii) Silver Hills Bakery may use and disclose your Personal Information to notify you about changes to the Website or Silver Hills Bakery’s business, or new Silver Hills Bakery products, services, and special offers you may find valuable; and
(iv) Any Personal Information you provide may also be collected by Silver Hills Bakery’s merchandise and service suppliers in order to process, bill, and fulfill your orders.
SILVER HILLS BAKERY DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
4. SECURITY STANDARDS. The security of your Personal Information is important to Silver Hills Bakery. Silver Hills Bakery is committed to adopting and maintaining appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to protect against any loss or theft, as well as, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, or disclosure. Silver Hills Bakery encrypts certain Personal Information using secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other technology. Silver Hills Bakery exercises care in the secure transmission of your Personal Information; however, no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet is 100% secure. You understand and agree that perfect security does not exist anywhere, and you will therefore protect your Personal Information in a reasonable way at all times. Silver Hills Bakery is unable to guarantee that Personal Information collected, used, or disclosed through the medium of the Internet cannot be intercepted by third parties. If you have any questions about security of your Personal Information or the security on the Website, you can send Silver Hills Bakery an email at [email protected]
5. OPT OUT. If you have so agreed on the Website, you may receive marketing messages and materials from Silver Hills Bakery, including without limitation, a “welcome” email and subsequent newsletters and other emails. If you do not wish to receive such messages or materials, you may notify Silver Hills Bakery of your preference by following the instructions included in each communication, by emailing Silver Hills Bakery at [email protected], by contacting Silver Hills Bakery at 1.888.853.6466 or 1.604.850.5600, or by regular mail at: Silver Hills Bakery Customer Service c/o PO Box 2250, 34494 McClary Ave, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada V2S 7N3.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. The Website is not intended for the use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18). Silver Hills Bakery does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any information from children.
7. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you would like to review your Personal Information, contact Silver Hills Bakery at [email protected] or call 1.888.853.6466 or 1.604.850.5600. If you need to make changes to, but not purge, your Personal Information, you may do by mail sent to Silver Hills Bakery Customer Service, c/o PO Box 2250, 34494 McClary Ave, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada V2S 7N3. You hereby agree that Silver Hills Bakery may use and disclose any suggestions, ideas, concepts, or information (other than your Personal Information) that you provide to Silver Hills Bakery regarding this Policy, Silver Hills Bakery’s business or any other matter, without obligation to you or any third party.
8. MERCHANT SERVICES. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Website, or via hyperlinks, banner ads, or “click-throughs” from the Website, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, the “Merchant Services”). You understand and agree that your access to or use of the Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and Silver Hills Bakery shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
9. ASSIGNMENT. Silver Hills Bakery may assign this Policy, in whole or in part, to any third party without notice to or permission from you or any third party.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property of Silver Hills Bakery on the Website, including without limitation, the trade and business name “SILVER HILLS BAKERY” and the Silver Hills Bakery logo are trade-marks of Silver Hills Bakery, are the sole and exclusive property of Silver Hills Bakery, and may not be used without the prior written permission of Silver Hills Bakery.
If you have any questions or comments about Silver Hills Bakery or this Policy, you may contact Silver Hills Bakery at:
Silver Hills Bakery
PO Box 2250
34494 McClary Ave
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Canada V2S 7N3