Beet & White Bean Hummus
When it comes to healthy snacks, what can compete with bean dip or hummus as stalwart standbys? Alongside crunchy fresh veggies, not much. Unless you add a sophisticated secret ingredient that will turn a back-of-the-pantry can of white beans into a showstopper. Our Beet & White Bean Hummus brings bold, bright magenta to the table, with a sweet earthiness that only roasted beets can deliver. Kick up your snacks and at-home appetizers with this fresh, vibrant, protein-rich combo. Roasted beets and zesty lemon make our Beet & White Bean Hummus a spectacular spread, no matter what you serve it on (or with!). It’s hard not to smile at the pop of colour this recipe will add to your day.
For the Beet & White Bean Hummus:
- 2 medium beets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (398ml/14 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild nut butter (we used cashew)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To serve as a sandwich:
- 2 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Power™ Multigrain Bread (or your favourite Silver Hills bread)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 handful sprouts or pea shoots
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Quarter beets and toss with olive oil. Bake on a cookie sheet until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Allow roasted beets to cool before removing skin.
- Transfer peeled roasted beets to the bowl of a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Transfer to a storage container (keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days).
- To serve, spread on toasted slices of your favourite Silver Hills Sprouted Power™ bread, or turn it into a sandwich! We love it on our Multigrain bread, topped with creamy slices of avocado, and fresh crunchy sprouts. (But it’s equally delicious no matter how you enjoy it!)