Avocado Hummus Recipe
How do you improve on avocado toast? Double down on creamy avocado deliciousness with this sumptuous Avocado Hummus recipe, topped with another layer of avocado, crunchy (creamy!) pine nuts, fresh herbs, and a squeeze of lemon to lift all that creaminess into perfection. Smooth avocado adds healthy fats and vibrant colour to wholesome, protein-packed navy beans for an easy hummus upgrade. Don’t have navy beans in your pantry? Any can of white beans you have on-hand will do, from Cannellini to Great Northern—use whatever you’ve got to whip up this easy, flavourful Avocado Hummus recipe in minutes. Serve as suggested, as a versatile spread on your favourite sandwiches or wraps, or scoop it up with your favourite crunchy crudité.
For the Avocado Hummus:
- 1 can (398ml/14oz) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado (ripe), halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or the juice of one lime)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium avocado (ripe), diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 2 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Power Squirrelly Bread™ (or your favourite Silver Hills Sprouted Power™ bread), toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped (or another fresh herb of your choice)
- 1 lemon wedge (or 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice)
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh from your avocado into a high-powered blender or food processor, and add all remaining ingredients. ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- To serve, spread on your favourite toasted Silver Hills Sprouted Power™ bread, and top our Avocado Hummus with additional slices or chunks of ripe avocado, pine nuts, a sprinkle of finely chopped fresh herbs, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.