Bagel Pizzas 3 Ways
Whether you know them as Bagel Pizzas or Pizza Bagels, we all know and love this classic, nostalgic, easy-to-make dish. And when you make them on a Silver Hills Bakery Sprouted Grain Bagel, you can feel confident you’re making the smart choice for your family’s health—and their taste buds.
Bagel Pizzas are an excellent self-serve snack or lunch for pre-teens. Easily made with little-to-no supervision required. It also provides ample opportunity to teach your pre-teen-aged children about basic knife safety when cutting the bagels, as well as safe use of the toaster oven. Get kids cooking with something they know, love, and are excited about. Kids age 9 and under can help too. Have them sauce the bagels and add the toppings.
The best thing about this dish is its versatility. You can change up the toppings to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. (We’ve prepared a few options for you below). Plus, you can scale the serving size up or down based on the meal, occasion, or level of appetite. Try splitting the bagel for younger kids for an easy lunch or fast dinner. Or use the whole bagel or even 2 bagels to satisfy the bigger appetites of growing boys and girls.
Save some room for dessert! The last recipe is sure to have you wanting s’more.
Kid-Friendly Pepperoni Pizza Bagels (Makes 2)
- 1 Silver Hills Bakery Plain Bagel
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce (or as much as you’d like)
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- 5 slices of vegan pepperoni
Grown-Up Margherita Pizza Bagel
- 1 Silver Hills Bakery Everything Bagel
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- ½ cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of heirloom tomatoes
- 3 – 4 leaves fresh basil
- Red onions (optional)
- Hot peppers (optional)
Dessert S’mores Pizza Bagels
- 1 Silver Hills Bakery Plain Bagel
- 2 tbsp our Creamy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1/3 cup vegan marshmallows
- ¼ cup vegan graham cracker crumbs (or about 2 graham crackers, crushed (optional))
Instructions: (for kid-friendly and grown-up recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 375℉
- Halve the bagels and lay them open-faced on a baking tray (for easy cleanup, line baking tray with parchment, or use silicon baking mat)
- Evenly spread pizza sauce on each half of your bagels
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese shreds over each half until your desired cheesiness is reached
- Place remaining toppings evenly over cheese
- Bake pizza bagels for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted
Instructions: (for dessert pizza bagels)
- Preheat oven to 375℉ Degrees
- Halve the bagels and lay them open-facedon a baking tray (for easy cleanup, line baking tray with parchment, or use silicon baking mat)
- Evenly distribute chocolate spread on to bagels
- Top each bagel half evenly with marshmallows
- Bake dessert pizza bagels for 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown (invite your kids to watch some Toaster Oven TV for the last 5 minutes so you know exactly when to take them out)
- If you like, toast your bagels lightly before saucing and topping for a little extra crispiness
- If you’re a lover of pineapple on pizza, try adding it to the margherita pizza or the kid-friendly pepperoni pizza
- For an easy veggie pizza, try an assortment of thinly sliced bell peppers and red onion to add plenty of colour and flavour
- For the dessert pizza, sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the marshmallows AFTER they are out of the oven (so they don’t burn while your marshmallows take their sweet time melting)
Want more easy, delicious, and nutritious recipe your family will love? Scroll down to the bottom of the page and subscribe to our newsletter. Get creative and show us your makes on Instagram. Make sure to tag us @silverhillsbakery.