Easy Healthy Vegan Pizza Toast Tray Bake
This Easy Healthy Vegan Pizza Toast Tray Bake is the best recipe for busy weeknight dinners or a satisfying snack. Picky eaters (and their parents) can breathe a sigh of relief with this easily customizable plant-based recipe. You can top it your way! Everyone in your family—from kids, to pre-teens, teens, and even adults will fall in love with this super simple recipe. Get them involved in the kitchen and they can learn how to make this for themselves.
Skip the dough—this pizza’s crust is made with slices of Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery’s Soft Wheat bread. Offering more than just a speedy pizza base, this delicious and nutritious sprouted bread boasts 10 grams of whole grains per slice! This easy sheet pan dinner is sure to be a family favourite in your household.
How to Make Healthy Vegan Pizza Toast Tray Bake
It’s incredibly easy to make healthy vegan pizza toast—so easy that any kid who can be trusted with a toaster and oven mitts can make this dish on their own. Help develop your child’s confidence in the kitchen and work on their kitchen knife skills. Let them pre-slice toppings (with your supervision) then store the sliced toppings in the fridge for future cooking.
This quick and easy recipe satisfies kids of all ages (and grown-ups too!) Simply lay a few slices of your favourite Silver Hills loaf on a tray, add your favourite vegan toppings, bake and dig in! This recipe scales super easily since the pizza crust is bread-based. Make a toaster-oven sized tray for one or two, or use a full-size baking sheet and a whole loaf to feed the family fast.
Plant Based Topping Ideas
If you’re looking for plant-based topping ideas for your Easy Healthy Vegan Pizza Toast Tray Bake try some of these pairings:
- Mushroom and plant-based pepperoni
- Assortment of bell peppers (green, orange, yellow) and cherry tomatoes
- Any plant-based ingredients you have in your fridge
This recipe offers more than just a fast and filling healthy meal, it’s also a great opportunity to clear out your fridge, pantry, or freezer.
- 4 – 8 slices Soft Wheat (or your favourite Silver Hills Bakery bread)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 – 2 cups vegan mozzarella, shredded
- Your favourite plant-based toppings
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Whether you’re using 4 slices or a whole loaf, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or use a non-stick silicon baking mat) and arrange slices so their edges are touching. (Aim to make as much unified pizza-crust-like surface area as your desired portion and baking tray will allow.)
- Add a dollop of pizza sauce on each slice and use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce out to the corners.
- Top with a handful of your shredded vegan mozzarella, followed by your favourite plant-based toppings.
- Sprinkle oregano on top. Then place the tray in the oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Remove from oven, drizzle olive oil on top, and enjoy!
- Air fryers are perfect for smaller batches. Make individual pizzas per slice and place them into the air fryer 1 – 3 at a time (as many as you can fit/eat). Cook at 350℉ for 5 – 8 minutes checking periodically for preferred doneness.
- A little prep ahead of time will make it easy for kids to make this on their own. Buy pizza sauce in resealable jars or squeeze bottles (instead of in the small cans). That way they can use what they need and put the rest back in the fridge.
- Keep pre-shredded vegan cheese like Daiya’s Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds and plant-based pepperoni slices stored in resealable bags or containers in the fridge to make this DIY after-school snack super simple.
- Like it extra cheesy? Sprinkle vegan parmesan over your sauce along with your plant-based mozzarella shreds. Or mix it up with an assortment of your favourite vegan cheeses.
Get more healthy recipes like this one delivered fresh to your inbox when you subscribe to our newsletter (at the bottom of this page)! Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook so you’ll never miss a new recipe.