A Better Bread for your Family
When it comes to feeding your family, finding the right balance of taste and nutrition might seem impossible, especially if you are trying to feed picky eaters and health nuts all at the same time. As a family-run company, we know exactly what that’s like, and we’ve made it our mission over the last 30 years to craft the most delicious and nutritious breads, buns, bagels, and tortillas that everyone at the table will love. Here’s why we make a better bread for your family:
We firmly believe in the energy, nutrition, and vitality of sprouted whole grains. Sprouting seeds and kernels helps break down the starch stores in grains as well as phytic acid, a common digestive inhibitor, and reduces gluten content, making it easier for your body to absorb nutrients and digest them. They also support gut health, as CNP Holistic Nutritionist Joy McCarthy writes in a recent blog.
High in Fibre
Little known fact: dietary fibre is plant food roughage that your body can’t digest or absorb. Instead, it sweeps through your digestive tract, making food easier to pass. Foods that are high in fibre typically take longer to chew and eat, helping everyone slow down, enjoy their food, and feel fuller, longer. Our popular Squirrelly bread has 5g of fibre per slice—20% of your daily value!
Low in Sugar
High-fibre foods, such as our delicious Sprouted Power™ breads, slowly release energy and help stabilize blood-sugar levels, helping prevent a sugar crash later on. We also make our breads with very low sugar per serving (around 1–3grams per slice on average), and even sweeten some naturally with raisins (Squirrelly bread) and apples (Steady Eddie).
Vitamins and Minerals
We choose the best grains to craft our breads—grains that have high levels of vitamins and minerals. Let’s look at our Sprouted Power™ Big 16 bread as an example, which is loaded with 16 grains and seeds to fuel active days. In this loaf, you’ll find:
- Calcium – helps build and protect bones
- Iron – fuels red blood cells to carry oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) – helps convert carbohydrates into energy, supporting your brain and nervous system
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – helps the body break down carbohydrates, protein, and fat into energy
- Niacin(Vitamin B3) – helps lower cholesterol and boost brain function
- Vitamin B6 – aids in brain development in kids and helps produce hormones that regulate mood and stress
- Folate – supports bone health and repair DNA
- Phosphorus – helps build strong bones and regulate your body’s energy
- Zinc – boosts the immune system to fight off bacteria and viruses, as well as aid in development and speed healing
- Selenium – helps protect the body from free radicals and support the thyroid gland
- Manganese – supports normal brain and nerve function
Free from GMOs and Glyphosate
All of our Sprouted Power™ products are Non-GMO Project Verified, ensuring you’re eating every ingredient just as Mother Nature intended. We also do a glyphosate-free check on all of our foods to ensure that they are free of this common herbicide and probable carcinogen.
With three decades of perfection put in to every loaf, we’re confident that you can follow your taste buds to a better bread for your family.