Pumpkin Spice French Toast
What goes hand-in-hand with pumpkin even better than pie? Try the warm spices and soft fluffiness of our Pumpkin Spice French Toast. This decadent dish is sure to please the whole family, plus it’s quick and easy to prepare. Dip slices of our Sprouted Organic Ancient Grains Big Red’s Bread™ in a creamy macadamia milk and pumpkin puree blend then cook. Top with a drizzling of maple syrup and pumpkin spice coconut whip—and swoon.
Don’t wait for Fall. Canned pumpkin purée means you can enjoy our easy plant-based Pumpkin Spice French Toast all year long! This healthy recipe is perfect for a comforting rainy weekend brunch at home, no matter what the season.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (we used macadamia)
- 1 tablespoon organic cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 slices Silver Hills Bakery Sprouted Organic Ancient Grains Big Red’s Bread™
- Mix all ingredients except bread in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time.
- Cook in a greased pan over medium heat until lightly browned, approximately 1 minute. Flip bread, and cook 1 minute further.
- Serve with pumpkin-flavoured coconut whip and maple syrup.