Recipe Mushroom Pâté
July 17, 2017
Meaty mushrooms prove once again just how deliciously satisfying a meatless alternative to any dish can be. No one will miss foie gras when offered a taste of this deceptively rich “faux gras” made with creminis, creamy cashews, and fresh herbs. Serve as an elegant appetizer or as a flavourful sandwich spread on your favourite sprouted bread.
- 2 ½ cups cremini mushrooms , sliced
- ½ cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh thyme , chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook shallot in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until softened and slightly browned. Add remaining oil and mushrooms to skillet. Sauté until browned. Let cool to room temperature before adding to food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mostly smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with your favourite sprouted bread. Refrigerate leftovers up to three days.