Recipe Artichoke & Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade
August 14, 2018
Artichokes are far more versatile for pairing compared to a spinach dip. This quick and easy tapenade is full of fibre and protein, making it great for hungry guests when you’re entertaining. It pairs especially well with the nuttiness of our Sprouted Power™ Squirrelly bread.
For the Artichoke & Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade:
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked from dry or canned), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts , drained
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil , drained
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 large lemon , zested and juiced
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 – 6 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery Squirrelly Bread™ (or your favourite Silver Hills Bakery sprouted whole grain bread), toasted
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Spread on toasted Squirrelly bread and serve.