Recipe Hearty Sweet Potato Mason Jar Salad
January 03, 2019
No matter how you stack it, this lunch-ready mason jar salad will get you through the afternoon with extra energy and then some. We’ve added avocado to the dressing for extra creaminess plus a dose of healthy fat and built the salad base with hearty vegetables for extra vitamins and minerals. A solid crunch from our Multigrain bread rounds out your power lunch.
For the croutons:
- 2 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery Organic Multigrain bread , cut into 1/2” cubes
- ½ Tbsp vegan buttery spread , melted
- to taste Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- ½ avocado
- ½ clove garlic peeled
- 2 Tbso unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- ½ Tbsp lime juice
- Pinch garlic powder
- to taste Salt and pepper
- as needed water , to blend to dressing consistency
For the salad:
- 1 small sweet potato , peeled, cubed, roasted and cooled
- ¼ cup pickled red cabbage
- 2 cups hearty mixed greens
- First,make the croutons. Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, toss bread cubes with melted buttery spread. Bake on a parchment-lined sheet until crispy and golden, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Next, blend dressing ingredients until smooth and transfer to the bottom of your mason jar before adding other ingredients.
- Layer remaining ingredients in jar, finishing with the croutons.