Recipe 10 Superfoods Spread
January 19, 2017
This bright, lightly spiced, flavourful spread is loaded with sweet potatoes rich in vitamin A, anti-inflammatory turmeric and protein-packed beans. It comes together quickly making a delicious and healthy sandwich spread or veggie dip.
- 1 medium sweet potato , peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- ½ lemon , juiced
- 1 tsp ginger , freshly grated
- 1 can (398 ml / 14 fl oz) navy beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 – 4 Tbsp water
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato cubes with oil and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Place all ingredient in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding more as required to achieve your desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste. Pairs especially well with our nutty Squirrelly sprouted whole grain bread.