Recipe Lemon Cucumber Toast With Dill Hummus
January 24, 2017
Fresh herbs are an easy way to brighten any dish—even ho-hum staples like store-bought hummus. This recipe by Natural Girl Modern World uses fresh dill to spruce up an otherwise straightforward store-bought hummus and transform it into something special. Cucumber ribbons lightly dressed with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil, make this Dill Hummus a spectacular toast topper that’s surprisingly simple to make. One bite and your taste buds will be dancing to these Mediterranean-inspired flavours. Try it today!
To check out more fabulous recipes by Natural Girl Modern World visit her website.
- 2 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery The Big 16™ bread
- ¼ cup hummus (store-bought or unflavoured homemade hummus)
- 2 tsp fresh dill (divided)
- ½ cucumber (long English or Persian)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste chili flakes
- Add hummus to a small bowl. Roughly chop fresh dill. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of dill to hummus and mix to combine. Set aside remaining ½ teaspoon for garnish.
- Run a vegetable peeler lengthwise down cucumber to create long ribbons. Add cucumber ribbons to a bowl alongside lemon juice, olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast bread. Spread half the dill hummus on each slice of bread. Top with cucumber, and garnish with extra dill and chili flakes (if desired).