Lemon Cucumber Toast With Dill Hummus
Fresh herbs are an easy way to brighten any dish—even ho-hum staples like store-bought hummus. This recipe by Natural Girl Modern World uses fresh dill to spruce up an otherwise straightforward store-bought hummus and transform it into something special. Cucumber ribbons lightly dressed with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil, make this Dill Hummus a spectacular toast topper that’s surprisingly simple to make. One bite and your taste buds will be dancing to these Mediterranean-inspired flavours. Try it today!
- 2 slices of Silver Hills Bakery Sprouted Power The Big 16™ bread
- ¼ cup hummus (store-bought or unflavoured homemade hummus)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, divided
- 1/2 cucumber (long English or Persian)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Add hummus to a small bowl. Roughly chop fresh dill. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of dill to hummus and mix to combine. Set aside remaining ½ teaspoon for garnish.
- Run a vegetable peeler lengthwise down cucumber to create long ribbons. Add cucumber ribbons to a bowl alongside lemon juice, olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast bread. Spread half the dill hummus on each slice of bread. Top with cucumber, and garnish with extra dill and chili flakes (if desired).
To check out more fabulous recipes by Natural Girl Modern World visit her website.