Cranberry Orange French Toast
The one-at-a-time flip-and-serve system of traditional French toast has its hot-off-the-grill perks, but when your family is hungry all at once, our baked Cranberry Orange French Toast will keep everyone happy. The natural sweetness of our Sprouted Power™ Steady Eddie bread (sweetened with apples and made with sprouted whole grains), makes it a warm breakfast that turns into afternoon energy. Plus its hearty texture holds up well to dunk in our plant-based French toast batter. Bright and tart cranberries plus orange zest add a fruity fall taste to this one-dish Cranberry Orange French Toast wonder.
For the Cranberry Orange French Toast:
- 1 heaping Tbsp chia seeds (keep whole for texture or blend dry to make them undetectable)
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 cup each, fresh and dried cranberries (or just one of your preference)
- 1 loaf Sprouted Power™ Steady Eddie bread (soften at room temperature if you usually freeze yours)
- Coconut oil, for baking
For the toppings:
- Non-dairy yogurt
- Oranges, cut into segments
- Optional: side of sugared cranberries
- Mix French toast ingredients (except bread) in a large, shallow bowl. Place in the fridge to activate, 10–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking or shallow casserole dish by buttering it with coconut oil.
- Remove mixture from the fridge. Dip each slice of bread in the batter, ensuring each side is soaked through. Layer in baking dish, tucking extra cranberries in between the layers to prevent slices from sticking together. Bake for 30 mins, checking halfway to make sure the edges aren’t burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool to warm. Serve with a dollop of cool, creamy non-dairy yogurt and orange segments.