Recipe Chickpea Fajitas
May 08, 2018
Who needs chicken when you can make our Chickpea Fajitas? Tender, hearty, and with a hint of crunch, baked chickpeas lend appealing nuttiness and a protein boost to this plant-powered take on classic fajitas. Strips of bright bell peppers, zucchini and red onion add a vitamin-loaded burst of colour to this easy, satisfying dish.
Don’t have fresh? Frozen fajita veggie mix is a freezer staple that will have you ready to whip up this dish on a whim. Hold heaping helpings of Mexican flavour together with our soft and tasty Sprouted Power™ Tortillas. Top our Chickpea Fajitas with your favourite toppings. Guacamole, salsa, non-dairy sour cream, green onions, and cilantro are all fair game. Fiesta!
- 8 Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery Organic Whole Grain Tortillas (or try it with our Herb & Garlic Tortillas!)
- 1 can (398 ml / 14 fl oz) chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 medium green bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 small zucchini , cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion , cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet fitted with parchment, and bake chickpea fajita filling until vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness, about 15 to 20 minutes. Toss halfway so they cook evenly.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and your favourite toppings.
Try these handy tips!
Add your favourite toppings when serving (cilantro, salsa, vegan sour cream, avocado)