Whole Grain Strata Muffin Cups with Rosemary & Olive
Rich and savoury, with just the right amount of saltiness, these Easy Whole Grain Strata Muffin Cups with Rosemary & Olive come in the perfect serving size for sharing with friends and family. And they’re a perfectly easy make-ahead meal too!
You can feel good about sinking your teeth into these savoury muffins. They’re made with the sprouted whole grain goodness of our Silver Hills Bakery Multigrain bread. Try this satisfyingly easy whole grain recipe tonight! Bake a batch in a muffin tin for a perfectly portioned appetizer or side dish. Freeze any remainder and defrost for a healthy snack, breakfast for dinner on a busy weeknight, or a fast hearty breakfast any day of the week.
1 Tbsp vegan butter
2 large leeks, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 1/4 cup JUST Egg plant egg scramble
2 cups non-dairy milk, unsweetened
1 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
1 cup of kalamata olives, quartered
2 cups vegan mozzarella, shredded (we used Violife)
1 loaf Silver Hills Bakery Organic Multigrain bread
1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the vegan butter. Add in the leeks and rosemary and sauté, stirring frequently, until the leeks are lightly golden—about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together JustEgg, non-dairy milk, salt, and pepper. Mix in leeks, olives, vegan cheese, and bread. Cover with bowl and place in fridge to sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Take strata out of the fridge, remove cover, and portion into individual muffin cups. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the bread in golden brown.
Makes 2 dozen muffins.
- Our experience with silicone muffin cups has taught us that, although they don’t need to be greased, they tend to hold more moisture than metal muffin pans. To make sure your Whole Grain Strata Muffin Cups with Rosemary and Olive cook through without a soggy centre, remove them from the oven after 50 minutes, un-mould muffins onto a baking tray, and return to the oven for an extra 10 minutes to allow the extra moisture to escape. To make sure your strata muffins hold together for this second baking, handle them as little as possible as you un-mould them. To remove your muffins from silicone cups, gently run a knife around the edges, then turn upside down over a baking tray—it’s okay to leave them upside down after they’re out of the silicone muffin cups!