Recipe Maple & Cashew Butter & Berries Grilled Sandwich
March 07, 2017
Who doesn’t count a satisfying PB&J among nostalgia-worthy memories? This mouthwatering sandwich elevates an old favourite by grilling fresh berries, protein-rich cashew butter, and a touch of pure maple sweetness tucked inside our delicious Big 16 ™ sprouted bread. These simple sandwiches make the perfect lunch, snack, breakfast, or even dinner.
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp maple butter (or maple cream), plus more to garnish
- 2 large strawberries , sliced
- 2 slices Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery The Big 16™ bread (or your favourite Silver Hills Bakery sprouted whole grain bread)
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy buttery spread
- Spread cashew butter on one slice of bread and top with sliced strawberries. Spread the remaining slice of bread with maple butter and place on top of strawberries. Spread the outside of the sandwich with buttery spread.
- Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat until nicely browned, flip, and cook the other side.
- Garnish with strawberries or your favourite fresh berries, and a drizzle of maple butter.