Blackberry Rhubarb Baked French Toast Casserole
What’s more tempting than taking the time to indulge in brunch? Having a recipe as blissfully delicious as our Blackberry Rhubarb Baked French Toast Casserole that comes together so quickly, you’ve got time to relax before serving it. Our hearty baked French toast casserole uses a whole loaf of your favourite Silver Hills sprouted whole grain bread, so it makes plenty to feed a family that includes hungry kids on a growth spurt, or brunch guests. If fast isn’t fast enough, you can make this recipe the night before. Mix your liquid ingredients together and let sit in the fridge alone overnight, and cube your bread. In the morning, toss in your fruit, and pour your batter over in the time it takes to preheat your oven. Then let it bake while you get ready for your morning. Fresh blackberries not in season? Use frozen, and skip the garnish.
- 1 loaf Silver Hills Sprouted bread (we used Sprouted Organic Ancient Grain The Queen’s Khorasan™), cut into large dice
- 6 tablespoons liquid egg replacer
- 2 cups plain vegan creamer (unsweetened)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup frozen rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup blackberries, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees. In a large bowl, whisk the egg replacer, vegan creamer, almond milk, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a large ovenproof dish, toss together the sprouted bread cubes and fruit. Strain the liquid over the bread and let soak 5 minutes.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until mixture is set and beginning to brown. Serve with fresh blackberries.
Serves 6 to 8