Mexican Hot Chocolate Spread
Creamy and chocolatey with a touch of spice, our easy-to-make Mexican Hot Chocolate Spread is a sweet way to heat things up for Valentine’s Day, #ToastTuesday, or any day that calls for chocolate o’clock. This simple recipe is a perfect candidate for kitchen improv. Its can’t-go-wrong versatility leaves plenty of room for you to make it as spicy or as sweet as your heart desires, experiment with new and nifty nut butters—or double-down on the dark chocolate. However you customize it, slather your favourite toast with this easy-to-make spread, use it as a decadent dip for fruit, or sneak it into a special sandwich, and serve it to someone you love…starting with you!
- 4 slices Sprouted Power Squirrelly Bread™, toasted
- 1 cup nut butter, your choice (we used peanut, but any nut (or nut-free) butter works!)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Splash vanilla extract
- Dash ground chilli powder or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add nut butter, chocolate, vanilla extract and spices to the bowl of a food processor, and blend until well combined.
- Toast bread slices, and spread liberally on still-warm toast.
- Sprinkle with optional garnishes, serve warm, and enjoy!